Thursday, September 11, 2008

Memories

September 11, 2008

This morning started out just like any other morning. I was up by 6:00 and had the kids out the door by 8:00. I did not even realize it was September 11th until I turned on the computer. Such is the life of a stay at home mom. Every year when September 11th roles around I remember the day very clearly.

I had just found out I was pregnant with Forrest and I was having horrible morning sickness. I had worked it out with the principal to come in a little late everyday so I could be sick at home and not at school. As I was pulling into the parking lot the news was just coming on about what had happened. I sat my car stunned that something like this could happen. I immediately went into my classroom and turned on the news. All day long I let the kids watch the news while they did their work. Many students had questions that I did not have answers to. It was a very trying and difficult day.

Having just found out I was pregnant it really made me worry about what kind of world we would be bring our child into. A lot of things have changed since that day some for the better and some not. The world is still a scary place and I don't think it is going to get better anytime soon. I am just glad I have my family and friends who are always there to love and support us. Together we can get through anything that gets thrown at us.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting this, it got me remembering that day. I agree with you, sometimes I wonder what kind of a world our kids will grow old in.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany