It only took most of the week to get everything back to normal. Greg and I have decided that we can't take another trip within 30 days of our first trip. Thankfully we don't have any trips planned for awhile. I need a break. Since August we have gone to Washington, Las Vegas, Bear Lake and a Cruise to Cabo. Hopefully now things will settle done a little.
I am a little behind in my blogging since we have been so busy. I haven't talked about anything since the week before Christmas. So of course I need to catch. If you would prefer not to hear the boring details of my life feel free to take a quick peek at the pictures and you can get on with your day.
On Monday the 22nd we had our annual Christmas party. The kids had a great time and loved all the presents they got. I of course had to take my camera along. I got the requisite pictures of kids opening presents and everyone sitting around eating, but I also tried to got a picture of Anne.

Every time I tried to take her picture this is what I would get. She is always scowling. Finally after much prodding I was able to get her to act natural and got my favorite picture of the night. Now if I can just convince her to smile all the time when I try to take her picture.

On Tuesday the kids had a half day of school and then we headed up to Heber City for the Polar Express. When we got up there it was really cold. Luckily for us we were dressed for it and had a big blanket to snuggle under.

The train ride was a lot of fun. We got hot chocolate and cookies, read the Polar Express and met Mrs. Clause. Finally at the end of the ride Santa came through our car and gave each child a bell.

Forrest got a real kick out of it, but Eliza wasn't to sure about Santa.
On Christmas Eve we headed over Greg's parents house.

First we went sledding. For some reason the kids weren't really into it. I think it is because Forrest had to walk up the hill. He much rather have the snowmobile take him up.

And Eliza, well who knows what was going on with her. Even with Greg carrying her around she just wanted to go inside.

Forrest ended up spending most of his time riding the four wheeler and towards the end was even driving it by himself. The rest of the evening consisted of lots of food, games and presents. Everyone had a good time and hated to go home.
Christmas morning was a lot of fun. I didn't take very many pictures this year because Greg decided to record the whole event. That should be fun to watch in a couple of years. The kids loved all of their presents and were sad when it was all over. We had a great week leading up to Christmas with a lot of fun activities. My next post will be all about Snowmobile vacation. I know you are on the edge of your seating just waiting to hear about it, but since I use this as a pseudo journal you will just all have to bear with me.
1 comment:
I like to hear about your life - even if it's a few weeks afterwards...
Post a Comment