Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am Too Fat

August 27, 2008

Everyday when Forrest comes home from school he has a chore to do. Yesterday his chore was to empty all the garbages. This is one of Forrest's least favorite chores. As I was cleaning out the dishwasher Forrest was trying to convince me to let him do my chore and I would do his. This is how he went about it.

Forrest: Mom can I clean out the dishwasher instead of emptying the garbage cans?
Me: No, the garbage cans are really full and need to emptied.
Forrest: But mom you are too fat to clean out the dishwasher. I am skinny so I can go faster.
Me: I am too fat?
Forrest: You are a little fat, but look how skinny I am.
Me: So I am a little fat.
Forrest: Yes (lifting up his shirt and pointing to his chest.) You are really fat up here and it is making you go to slow. I am really skinny so I can go faster.
Me: Thanks for pointing that out to me.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love it. Maybe I should use the logic on Ben for picking up toys. I am going to tell him that he is skinny so he can pick up toys faster than me.

Perla said...

hey denise! i found your blog--oh no--now you can't talk about this girl in forrest's class that drives him nuts (well, you can talk about the other kids...)

anyway, that was hilarious. thanks for the laugh. and it was good that in the end he was really only saying you were fat in the upper chest region! haha!

Denise said...

Wow that is pretty amazing that you found it. Thanks for taking a look. I bopped over to your blog and got a real kick out of your kids names. Very original.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany