Saturday, August 16, 2008

Washington Day 7

August 16, 2008

It is finally time to head home. Our great adventure is drawing to a close. Once again we tried to get an early start and once again the kids would not get up. After much prodding and poking we got both of them up and out to the car.
As we left the whole area was covered in fog. I made Greg stop the car so I could get some pictures. I knew that we would soon be seeing our desert landscape and I wanted to remember the beauty of this place for a little while longer.

Greg and I both decided to push on through. Lucky for us the kids were real troupers. Eliza ended up falling back to sleep pretty soon after we started out and both kids took a nap in the afternoon. When we left the beach it was 53 degrees, when we arrived in Utah it was 88 degrees. What a difference. We managed to make the trip in 15 hours. That is with stopping for lunch, dinner and gas breaks. Mapquest had said it would take 14 hours and 15 minutes to get home without stopping. We made great time.

When we arrived home the kids gratefully went to sleep in their own beds and Greg and I unloaded to car. The trip was awesome. Everything seemed to go perfectly and even the bad stuff like the car breaking down and not being able to see the top of Mt. St. Helens didn't seem so bad. When I asked Forrest what his favorite part of the trip was he told me he liked all the adventures that we had. I would have to agree with him. We had one great adventure after another.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I am jealous it looks like you had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise!

The next time you come to Seattle, please come visit. We would love to see you, and I would love to get to know your husband and your children as well. :-)

Love,
Aunt Irene

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany