Monday, June 24, 2007
Is it physically possible for your head to explode. Sometimes I really feel like if just one more things happens my head will burst like an over inflated balloon. Today unfortunately is one of those days. Nothing seems to be going the way it is supposed to. It seems like the universe is working against me doing anything of value today, but also seems to want to throw a lot of unwanted things in my path as I stubbornly plug along in my quest to actually accomplish something today. My day started out okay. Instead of running I was able to sleep in this morning, but instead of being a plus in my day this seemed to get my whole schedule off course. Once the kids were awake it was very apparent that they felt it very necessary to torment each other and me at every opportunity that was available. So instead of getting some chores around the house done first thing this morning and then running some errands I had to deal with way too many tears and tantrums for my piece of mind. Really Forrest why does it matter if you are standing buck naked in your room whether or not your sister is in your room while you get dress. She has already seen you naked because YOU REFUSE TO GET DRESSED. Once I was finally able to get out to run some errands I couldn’t believe how much it cost to mail my recalled Thomas the Train items back. I asked for the lowest rate and just about had a heart attack when I found out it was $13. I only had two small trains why would it cost so much. I really think the guy was lying to me, but since my children had taken it upon themselves to remove every single greeting card from the card rack I really didn’t feel I had the time or energy to argue with him. After coming home from all the errands I was finally able to finish some of my chores. Of course once you feel like things are starting to go right someone has to throw a wrench in your perfectly good afternoon. I get a call from mom asking if I can drive dad home. It doesn’t matter that it is 40 minutes out of my way and if I don’t dad will be stuck at my brother’s house until 10:00 pm. I of course say yes because If I don’t I will once again be the bad daughter. Then my husband calls to explain that he can’t come with me tonight to my nieces and nephews half birthday and I have to go by myself. That is fine, but I am not making dinner, of course he suggests eating at my brother’s house. I mean who wants to pay for food when it is free. Hopefully the rest of the day will go better, but from past experience I am not betting on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment