Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New Pet

June 27, 2007

For the last couple of months Forrest has been begging for a pet. He started out wanting a lizard and has now gone through every conceivable pet that you can imagine. Last week it was a hamster. Using all the spare boxes in our house he put together this very elaborate hamster cage to have on hand just in case while we were at the store one day and we happened to pick up a hamster. Greg and I talked about it and decided that he was still too young for a pet. This morning during our walk down by the river we stopped to check and see how the frogs and tadpoles were doing. Once again Forrest asked if we could perhaps catch a frog or tadpole and take it home with us. I once again had to say no especially since I really did not want to climb down into the swampy pond and wade around trying to catch a frog. Once we got home we headed to our local nursery to pick up some plants for our pond. While we were there Forrest ran around looking at all of the different kinds of fish that you can put into your pond. I saw some small fish that weren’t too much money and thought this might be the perfect solution to our problem. The fish would help keep our pond clean and Forrest would have his pet that he has been begging for. Forrest picked out two fish and named them Curley and Frankenstein (because he wanted really scary names). We headed home and put them right into the pond. When we went inside Forrest told me he thought when he got fish that they would be in a bowl, but since we put them in the pond the pond was now his. I will remind him of this the next time we have to clean out the pond.

3 comments:

hallamigo said...

You have a pond? How come I haven't noticed/seen it before?

Denise said...

Because we usually put a table in front of it so you don't notice that we haven't cleaned it out in three years.

hallamigo said...

Haha, next time I'll be peaking behind the table then.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany