March 20, 2008
We are coming up on the end of day 5 without Greg and we are all starting to crack a little. Today was the first day were we didn't have the day completely planned out. Besides going to music group, taking Forrest to school, getting gas, picking Forrest up from school and going to toddler group we have not been anywhere today. It is starting to take a toll on the kids. I can't wait to see their faces when I tell them we will be eating dinner at home tonight. The poor kids haven't eaten at home since Saturday. I hate to cook when Greg is gone because the kids won't eat my cooking and I don't like my cooking enough to eat it for 5 days straight. Needless to say we have been eating at a lot of friends houses and also going out to eat.
We call Greg everyday at 3:00. Forrest will tell him about his day and then tells him how much he misses him. It is really sad. I come up with inane conversation pieces just to keep him on the line, but he eventually has to go to work. I am really missing the adult conversation. Luckily I have a great mom and sister who don't mind me calling to talk about nothing just so I feel like I am still a little bit human. Greg will be home tomorrow night and hopefully he won't have to leave again for a little while. If he does we might just have to move back in with Mom and Dad, of course they are gone more than Greg is so that wouldn't really work.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope everything is back to normal now that Greg's home.
Post a Comment