March 17, 2008
When I was little St. Patrick's Day was something we really didn't celebrate. On St. Patrick's Day it would start off as any other day until I would arrive at school and see everyone in green. Realizing that I had forgotten what day it was I would usually try and grab a green marker and put a small clover leaf on my hand. If that wasn't available I would usually lie and say my underwear had green on it. For the first part of the day kids would go around pinching each other until the teacher would get sick and tired of it and make everyone stop. After that you were pretty safe, unless you had an vindictive sibling, but that never happened in my house.
Now days it seems that everyone goes all out for St. Patrick's Day. In the past I have usually ignored it, but with Greg being gone this week I decided to have a little fun with it. Last night Forrest and Eliza helped me set a trap for our little leprechaun. Forrest decided that leprechaun loved cheese so that is what we left. Once the kids were in bed I stuffed the trap with green items. They got green apple juice, green chips, green gum and some green candy. I then left a trail of green M&M's from their door to the trap. Also I snuck into their rooms and drew a clover leaf on their arms. The next morning Eliza woke up before Forrest so we both went into wake him up. As soon as I told him the leprechaun had been there he ran out of his room to go see his trap. Eliza was fascinated by the M&M's and had a hard time making it down the stairs. Forrest was a little disappionted that we didn't catch the leprechaun, but he has lots of ideas of how we will catch him next year. Forrest also loved his clover leaf on his arm. I told him it was for good luck and because the leprechaun left him his sign for good luck he would have good luck throughout the year. He thought that was pretty neat.
This afternoon we will make green sugar cookies and then to top off our day of green we are going over to some friends house to have a green breakfast/dinner. We were put in charge of a fruit dip. Forrest had a great time picking out fruits that were green. He really wanted lime's, but I had to tell them they were too sour to just eat straight. So far this has been a really fun day. I think we will have to do this again next year.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! You are so creative!
sounds like fun!! - but when will you break it to Forrest that leperchaun's don't exist??
When he asks us. I don't think we will be able to do this for very long.
Post a Comment