Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just Another Day

May 3, 2008

Yesterday started out like any other day. My alarm went off at 5:33 am and I of course bounced out of bed excited to get to the gym. While I was brushing my teeth I noticed that the faucet didn't seem to have that much water pressure. Being that it was 5:30 in the morning I just passed it off and continued getting ready. As I was sitting on the stairs tying my shoes I kept hearing a strange noise. After listening for a couple of minutes I decided it must be coming from outside. Realizing I was running late I grabbed me keys and was out the door. That is when I noticed the pond in our front yard. I ran back inside and woke up Greg. It seems our main water line for our sprinklers blew a clamp off. There was water everywhere. The grass even had big mounds where the water had pushed up the grass. I left Greg to deal with the mess and headed off to the gym feeling guilty the entire time. Luckily all the water went into the street and we didn't get any into the house. When I got home I hurried around trying to get the kids and myself ready for a 9:00 am appointment. While Forrest was getting ready he asked me why the rugs in the bathroom were all wet. When I checked it out it seemed as if the toilet overflowed, but I couldn't tell why. Since we were late I quickly cleaned up the mess and we headed out the door. We made it to our appointment right on time. This appointment was pretty important. We finally found out what the plan will be for Eliza's future Speech Therapy. Since she still is not talking she will be attending the district preschool four days a week. She will also probably still need Speech Therapy outside of the school setting. Hopefully something will start turning around soon.
After the meeting we came home and worked on cleaning up the house for our big sleepover. Forrest has been so excited to have his cousins come sleepover. After lunch I took Forrest to school, dropped Eliza off with Shirley and then tried to quickly do my grocery shopping before I had to go volunteer. I didn't count on the traffic being so bad and I finished up with grocery shopping with only enough time to go home and throw all the perishable's items in to the fridge. I then ran off to the school. After school Forrest and I headed home and that is when I found the ice cream. I had managed to get everything else put away but the ice cream. Hoping that it could be salvaged I threw it into the freezer. Forrest was of course mad that his cousins were not there right when we got home.

At about 4:00 all the cousins were dropped off. Pretty soon we had kids running and screaming through the house. Everyone was having a blast. At about 8 it was time to put the baby down. I laid her down and figured I would put Eliza and her cousin down at 8:30. When I checked on the baby at 8:30 she was still wide awake. Not wanting to disturb her I put on a movie and gave all the kids popcorn.

At 9:00 the baby was asleep so we could put Eliza and her cousin down. Forrest and his cousin kept watching the show. Everything seemed to be winding down. At 9:30 I heard the baby crying. My sister had told me to let her sooth herself, but I couldn't help it I went in to make sure everything was okay. She was stinky so it was a good thing I checked on her. I quickly got her changed, but her brother had shut his hand in the door and wanted to sit up with the big boys for a little while until his hand felt better. Figuring it would help the baby go to sleep faster I agreed. At about ten the movie was over and everyone was bedded down. Greg and I crawled into bed exhausted from the busy day. As we were laying in bed we could hear Forrest and his cousin talking and Eliza playing in her room. The only one I know for sure was asleep was the baby. Greg and I ended up falling asleep before the kids. Oh to have that kinda of energy. Everyone had a great time. Forrest can't wait to go to Ben's house and sleepover next.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany