May 14, 2008
Last Friday as my mother-in-law was driving Eliza home, Eliza became sick. She managed to throw-up all over herself, the car and my mother-in-law's purse. Eliza was sick the rest of the night Friday and was running a fever most of Saturday. By Sunday she was perking up. On Monday morning I thought everything was back to normal, that is until Forrest started throwing up. By Tuesday Forrest was feeling better, but Eliza was complaining that her throat hurt. When I took a peek I saw big ugly ulcers on the back of her throat. Fearing that it was the horrible Herpes virus again I called the doctor and made an appointment. When I arrived at the doctors office the waiting room only had one other person in it. I was feeling pretty good that we would be in and out. I was horribly wrong. Eliza and I waited for about 15 minutes before we were called back to the room. This is when the real waiting began. I don't know why they call you back so quickly. At least in the waiting room there is toys and room for the kids to run around. In the exam room all the have are books. We exhausted them pretty quickly. I was soon pushing Eliza around on a chair and making water balloons out of gloves. After 45 minutes of waiting the doctor finally came in. The conclusion was she had a virus, not the herpes virus, but a virus that will go away on its own. We just have to be patient. After an hour and a half we finally left. To say I was frustrated was mild. I really hate waiting around forever only to be told there is nothing you can do. I don't understand why we even make an appointment if it is going to take them an hour to get to you. I also wish they would let you know the doctor is running behind and give you the option of waiting in the waiting room or in the exam room. Sorry about the rant, but it seems that lately every appointment we go to we are waiting for at least an hour before we can be seen. It is starting to get really old. Eliza is feeling better about 50% of the time. The rest of the time she is screaming hysterically for no reason. I really can't tell if the sores are hurting her or if she is just being a typical 2-year-old and throwing a temper tantrum. Hopefully this the last of the illnesses before summer. If not I am sure you can find me in the Insane Asylum.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I hate waiting in the exam room with the kids. We spent over two hours at the doctor's yesterday, and by the time we were cleared to leave Bekah had fallen asleep. I hope you all survive this.
Amen sista!! It's like those oil change places that tell you it will be 15 minutes and then end up taking hours. So frustrating. You think when they call you back, it can't be long now...so wrong.
I hope your family recovers soon, having sick kids really is the worst!!
Post a Comment