Sunday, June 29, 2008

Potty Training

June 29, 2008

I have been toying with the idea of potty training Eliza. I haven't gotten around to it because we have been so busy. Well, that is part of the truth. The real reason is I am scared. The scars from potty training Forrest run deep and I really have no desire to repeat it. I know, I know I have to do it some time, but later seems so much better. I have gotten far enough in my thought process to buy a potty and some underwear. Eliza loves her new underwear and would wear it all the time if I would let her.

The other day she found the whole stash that I had been hiding from her. When she found it she become very excited and striped down completely so that she could try on her new underwear. Once she had her underwear on she would sit on the potty, with panties still on of course. She would then pretend to wipe and then flush the toilet paper down the toilet. When she was all done she would then come up and try on another pair and start the whole process over again. She did this about 20 times. Of course not once did she go in the potty.

I am think sometime in August I will get around to potty training Eliza. Maybe I could convince Anne to do it. I am sure she would love to earn a little extra money.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany