Monday, June 30, 2008

Snakes

June 30, 2008

I never thought I would say this, but I miss our snakes. For the past couple of years we have had one or two snakes living in our yard. We would only see them occasionally and usually when you least expected it. I don't know how many times I would be in the garden when one of the snakes would slither off. It always gave me a good scare.

This year we haven't seen any snakes around, but we have seen a ton of spiders. On Thursday night as we were getting home from Lagoon we stopped at the end of our driveway discussing how we were going to get Greg's car back from work. Before pulling in Greg got out and walked up to our garage and killed a black widow spider.
It was big enough that Greg could see it in our headlights as it was crawling around our garage. In the past we have seen several black widow spiders around our house, but since the snakes started showing up, the spiders started to disappear. I am tempted to ask one of the neighbor boys to go catch me a snake down by the river and let it go in our yard. I never thought I would say something like that, but I think I hate spiders a lot more than I hate snakes.

1 comment:

Liz said...

A lot of people in my neighborhood agree with you. Rats have started moving through our neighborhood (supposedly on their way to the Jordan River). Those neighbors who have encountered them all agree that they can live with mice and snakes, but not rats.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany