July 2, 2008
This past winter was great in the regards to illness. My kids were never sick. It seemed everyone else was getting sick, but my kids stayed healthy. That was until the middle of May when my kids got the stomach flu and fevers. After we were done with that bought, both kids came down with colds that lasted several weeks. It finally seemed as if things were turning around, but no we get hit again and this time it is not good. For the last couple of days the kids have been grumpy and whiny. Neither of them was acting sick they were just not their pleasant self, but then this morning both kids woke up with ulcers in their mouth. I talked to my doctor and it looks like they both have the dreaded herpes virus again. Luckily it looks like we caught it early enough that the medicine should kick in pretty fast so that all our plans for this weekend won't be ruined. I am just hoping this is the end of it. It is no fun being sick in the summer.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yuck! Hopefully they get better soon. This spring has been unusually bad for colds, I know our family has probably gone through about 3 rounds of it already.
Since they've had it before does that make them more susceptible to getting it again?
Ya, they can get it again, but the good news is every time they get it will be less severe. Last time they had high fevers and an incredible amount of pain. This time no fevers and they only complain about mouth pain when the eat. They also only got about 3 or 4 cankers each this time. There other plus is I know what I am looking for so I can immediately get meds. into that help clear it up faster.
Post a Comment