
And boy are we having fun. The kids have spent the last two days playing outside in the sun. Forrest keeps commenting on how much he loves spring. I am loving it too. Today we got out and worked in the yard getting everything ready. We even planted some peas. I am hoping I am not to early, but they say as long as your soil temp is 40 degrees you are fine. So we will see how it goes. I am getting really excited about my garden. We are doing some of the same things we did last year and we are also adding in a few new ones. My favorite will be the pumpkin. I am really hoping it works out. Our neighbors have pumpkins every year and it is fun to pick them in the fall. Greg is really looking forward to the tomatoes. All winter long he has complained about the quality of tomatoes we have gotten from the grocery store. The funny thing is he hated tomatoes when we first got married. Then we planted some and he was hooked. This year he is thinking of doing a hanging tomato plant. I don't quite know how it is going to work, but supposedly you can take it into your garage at the first frost so that you can enjoy your tomatoes for a lot longer. We will see how it goes. I have found that gardening is really about experimenting with what works in your yard. We are still learning, but it has been a really fun process. The kids get such a kick out of it. They love to see their plants grow.
3 comments:
I'm jealous that you have room for a garden. I am with Greg on the tomatoes thing. If they don't come from the garden they are blah.
I'm jealous that it's been warm enough there to play outside! Cache Valley still has snow all over the ground and is consistantly about 10 to 12 degrees colder than the Wasatch Front. I'm ready to be outside everyday walking to get this baby to come!
Forrest and I am of the same mind. Spring is a wonderful thing!
Post a Comment