July 2, 2007
I had just bought some fresh fruit and I was cutting it up and putting it into bowls. When I started to cut up the cantaloupe I had this conversation with Forrest:
Forrest: What is that?
Me: Cantaloupe. Do you want to try some, it is really good.
Forrest: I have never seen anyone eat one before.
Me: (popping one into my mouth) Now you have. Do you want to try one now.
Forrest: No mom.(sigh) I have never seen a human eat one before.
Me: Ah, well if I am not a human then what am I?
Forrest: You’re just a mommy.
To make a very long conversation short I was finally able to get out of him that people he didn’t know are humans and everyone he does know is a nonhuman including all of his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. That is kind of a scary thought, but it does explain a lot of things that go on in the family.
1 comment:
Shoot! He's on to me! Time to relocate to another planet.
Post a Comment