One of my sister-in-laws has this really cool thing called a Backpack Station. Every time I go over there I stand and admire it while trying to figure out if I could do the same thing in my house., Unfortunately we don't have a good location like she does, but I did want to take a little of what she has done and incorporate it in to my own home. I found this board a couple of weeks ago and thought that it would be a good place for Forrest to hang his backpack and coat on everyday when he comes home from school. Yesterday I decided it was time to get this project taken care of. I removed all the hooks, sanded it down and then repainted it in a color that would match Forrest room. I then called Greg and asked when he would be home. Now that I had it all done I wanted it hung up immediately. Greg gave me the disappointing news that he wouldn't be home for another hour. I tried having Forrest hold it up so I could see how it looked, but he wasn't very cooperative. After a couple of minutes of internal arguments I finally decided to hang it all by myself. I figured that if my sister-in-law can hand a ceiling fan by herself I could easily hang this board. I am proud to say that I did it. I even used some of Greg's power tools. I don't know about you but I have a great feeling of accomplishment for doing this entire project all by myself. Thursday, August 23, 2007
Look What I did
August 23, 2007
One of my sister-in-laws has this really cool thing called a Backpack Station. Every time I go over there I stand and admire it while trying to figure out if I could do the same thing in my house., Unfortunately we don't have a good location like she does, but I did want to take a little of what she has done and incorporate it in to my own home. I found this board a couple of weeks ago and thought that it would be a good place for Forrest to hang his backpack and coat on everyday when he comes home from school. Yesterday I decided it was time to get this project taken care of. I removed all the hooks, sanded it down and then repainted it in a color that would match Forrest room. I then called Greg and asked when he would be home. Now that I had it all done I wanted it hung up immediately. Greg gave me the disappointing news that he wouldn't be home for another hour. I tried having Forrest hold it up so I could see how it looked, but he wasn't very cooperative. After a couple of minutes of internal arguments I finally decided to hang it all by myself. I figured that if my sister-in-law can hand a ceiling fan by herself I could easily hang this board. I am proud to say that I did it. I even used some of Greg's power tools. I don't know about you but I have a great feeling of accomplishment for doing this entire project all by myself.
One of my sister-in-laws has this really cool thing called a Backpack Station. Every time I go over there I stand and admire it while trying to figure out if I could do the same thing in my house., Unfortunately we don't have a good location like she does, but I did want to take a little of what she has done and incorporate it in to my own home. I found this board a couple of weeks ago and thought that it would be a good place for Forrest to hang his backpack and coat on everyday when he comes home from school. Yesterday I decided it was time to get this project taken care of. I removed all the hooks, sanded it down and then repainted it in a color that would match Forrest room. I then called Greg and asked when he would be home. Now that I had it all done I wanted it hung up immediately. Greg gave me the disappointing news that he wouldn't be home for another hour. I tried having Forrest hold it up so I could see how it looked, but he wasn't very cooperative. After a couple of minutes of internal arguments I finally decided to hang it all by myself. I figured that if my sister-in-law can hand a ceiling fan by herself I could easily hang this board. I am proud to say that I did it. I even used some of Greg's power tools. I don't know about you but I have a great feeling of accomplishment for doing this entire project all by myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You used power tools? Next thing you know you'll be grunting like Tim the Toolman Taylor.
I think hanging things yourself is a great idea! Could you convince your sister of that?
Post a Comment