Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Babysitting Not For The Faint of Heart.

October 2, 2007

Yesterday my sister called me up and asked me to babysit my two nephews. I was more than happy to because Forrest loves to have his cousins come over. The kids arrived a little earlier than I expected so I immediately ran around closing all the bathroom doors. The last time they were here I was more worried about hiding all the pencils because I was worried that they would write all over the walls instead I found my little nephew in the upstairs bathroom holding a cup. He had emptied out the entire toilet all over the floor. So this time I was not taking any chance. The problem was Forrest and Ben kept needing to use the bathroom. Every time I turned around the bathroom door was open. I have never seen them go so much. I think they were in cahoots with each other to drive me batty. The next big challenge is having enough of the same toys. When you have three boys together it seems like they all want to play with the same truck at the same time. They also want the little kids to play exactly how they want them to play. Luckily Eliza was still asleep, but poor Jacob sure did seem to take a lot of abuse because he was in the way or just wasn't doing things right. Once Eliza woke up the fun really started. Every once in awhile I would count heads and be in panic because either Eliza or Jacob would be missing. These two can get into trouble faster then you can believe. Most of the times they are showing each other neat things they know how to do like empty out the wipes container, or play in the toilet, or were the beans are hidden. Babysitting my nephews is a lot of fun, but it makes me realize that I am very glad I don't have four kids under the age of five. I think I would go stark raving mad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are always little angels for us. Not sure what you're doing wrong. :)

Denise said...

I think it is something in my house. Every time a kid is left with me they immediately poop then run around like a crazy child.

Liz said...

I have personally found that the amount of mischief children are capable of is exponentially proportional to the number of children. For example, two children can create 10 times as much mischief as one, and three children can create 100 times as much as one. You're lucky to even survive four; at least that's what I tell myself everyday.

Anonymous said...

When your cousin Ben was a baby we took Stephen's 6 kids and our 4 and combined the tribes for several days at a time on more than one occasion. I always thought it was easier with more kids because at least they were never bored. The biggest challenge was getting enough food into them quick enough at meal times. Perhaps Sue's kids were considerably better behaved than her grandkids are?

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany