Thursday, March 6, 2008

How do you spell determined? E-L-I-Z-A

March 6, 2008

Eliza was very determined not to go to sleep last night.After I put her down to bed I could hear some noise. Greg went up to check on her and noticed her light was one.
She had pulled her little rocking chair over and turned on the light. Greg took out the chair and put her back to bed. Pretty soon we heard a noise again. This time she had pulled over her big rocking chair to turn on the light. Once again we removed the chair and put her back to bed. Once again she seemed willing to go to sleep, but not soon after we heard some noises again. This time she had emptied out her baby cradle with all her books and then used that to stand on. When we went in this time we removed anything we thought she could use as a chair. This didn't not stop her at all. Within two minutes we could hear more noises. This time she took the drawers from a little tupperware set we had. She flipped these over and used them once again to turn on the light. When I went in I completely cleaned out her room. This finally seemed to defeat her because she started to cry. She cried for about 20 minutes and then finally went to sleep. When she woke up the next morning she was very insistent that everything be moved back into her room.I couldn't believe how messy her room was. It was actually a lot dirtier than this, but I had already started to clean up before Greg insisted I took pictures so we could remind Eliza about this when she had kids of her own.
She had pulled out all her clothes and toys and spread them all over the floor. We had to clean all that up before we could move anything back in. Now some of you may be wondering why such a sweet little girl would do this. A couple of days ago I showed her these books that we have in her closet. They have been there since she was born and she has read most of them. I use this shelf to hold books we are currently not reading. For some reason she has decided that these books are much better than anything else we have. She is always going up to her room and reading them. This is the highlight of her day, unfortunately for us it was also the highlight of her night.
Greg has decided that if she tries to do this again tonight he is just going to unscrew her light bulb, but knowing her she will learn how to open doors and really make our life miserable

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think I might be able to beat you with biggest mess kids have made when they are suppose to be going to bed. I think that is because there are two of them. I will say she is very determined.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany