Saturday, April 5, 2008

A weekend adventure

April 5, 2008

When the temperature is just right and there is fresh snow we will try to head up into the mountains to go snowshoeing.
We start off trying to get our snow shoes on. If it is really cold this can be very difficult. Your fingers usually freeze before your snowshoes are tight enough that they don't fall off.
Once everyone is set Eliza gets thrown into the back pack. Where she catches a ride.
She loves just hanging out in her carrierr not having a care in the world. This will last about 15 minutes and then she wants out.
Of course by this time Forrest is tired.
Very, very tired. This is when the hard work really begins. We start looking for animal tracks, playing hide and go seek and having snow ball fights. A word to the wise don't run with snowshoes on. You will just get snow down your back. Eliza of course is still going full steam ahead. She doesn't slow down for much.
Since she is so light she can go anywhere and never worry about breaking through. After awhile I start making the kids pose for pictures.
Forrest is great to stop and pose.
With Eliza I have try and catch her when she is holding still. This is not very easy.
Of course while I am doing this Greg takes this opportunity to leave us. He is all about breaking a new trail. After playing for about an hour and having gone almost 1/2 a mile we turn around and head home. I am exhausted, but the kids had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That looks like a great fun family activity. I have a lot of fun memories as a kid being out in the snow cross country skiing. I bet the kids love it!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany