May 11, 2008
I don't know about you, but Mother's Day is one of my least favorite holidays. I feel very inadequate as a mother most of the time. The other day I had a really interesting experience. One of the ladies in my ward had a really fun summer last year. Her and her family were gone all the time doing this and that. Feeling that I was failing as a mother I figured I needed to ramp it up this year. I outlined some activities to do this summer and made a goal of doing more fun things with my kids. I happened to mention to a friend that I was worried about the upcoming summer and doing enough fun things with my kids.
My friend and the lady in the ward got to talking the other day. My friend mentioned to the lady how I was nervous for summer and not having enough fun things for my kids to do. The lady from the ward stated how she is always amazed at all the fun things I am doing with my kids and she wished she could be more like me. When my friend told me this it really floored me. Here I was trying to be more like this lady in the ward and in turn she was trying to be more like me. It really showed me that even though I may feel like I am not doing a good job being a mother other people think I am doing a great job. I really need to learn to relax and enjoy the moment more. My kids are growing up so fast and I really don't want to miss anything. Soon this will all be a distant memory and I don't want my memory of my kids childhood to be of me feeling all the time that I wasn't good enough to be their mother.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think your a great Mom!
I can relate to the ambivalence about MOther's day. I think you're a great mother!
Thanks. It is hard to see when you are down in the trenches.
I look up to you a lot as a mother. You are always giving me great pointers on what to do with my kids! If I didn't have you my kids would be so bored and I would be sad.
Post a Comment