Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting My Head Screwed On Straight

September 7, 2008

Thank you for all your kind words in regards to Eliza. I gave myself a day to feel sorry for myself and then got busy. I have been calling around and getting information. My doctor feels that waiting until January is a good idea. She would like to give everything a chance to work before we start a bunch of testing. We will start off with the MRI and then get her worked up at the UofU. I also have a call into Karen's little sister Cheryl. It seems that her daughter, who is 2 months younger than Eliza, was just diagnosised with Apraxia. Also at our next speech appointment I plan on getting the number for the local Apraxia support group. When Eliza's speech therapist first suggested that she had this problem she also told me about a group that gets together to try and help each other out. Hopefully things will start working out. If not everyone will just have to start learning sign language.


No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany