February 12, 2009
Tap, Tap, Tap. Anyone there? It has been a long time since I blogged last. In January I was wrapping up the February Newsletter when the computer screen went black. Soon after I started to smell something burning. I called to Greg to come check it out and he took his sweet time getting downstairs. By time he got downstairs smoke was coming out of the computer. I quickly turned it off and Greg started to investigate. It seems that our power source decided to burn up. The computer was completely shot and I was up a creek. All my hard work on the newsletter was lost and I needed to e-mail the newsletter to a girl that night. I ended up having to run up to Greg's parents house to finish it. It was not a pretty sight. Since Greg and I had been talking about getting a new computer Greg started ordering the parts. It took about a week to get here and then another week for Greg to get it all put together. Of course there was another week just trying to get the computer the way I liked it. Needless to say it was a long wait. Hopefully now we won't have any more computer problems. Of course now that I have said that we will get some horrible virus.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My desktop died too. Although smoke was not involved, it's done. It made me so sad. I hate getting things back to the way you like them. It seems a never ending process. Good luck with that.
Post a Comment