At the start of the summer I made a list of all the places I wanted to take the kids. We were finally able to go to the last one. I even convinced my 9-month+++ sister to come with me. We ended up all driving down in my car. My two nephews wanted to drive with us so we just all piled in.
Once we got to the zoo we immediately rode on the train. As we were coming to a stop I noticed my nephew walking beside the train. I yelled at him so he immediately jumped back into the train and then waited until it came to a complete stop to get out. We then headed over to see the white alligator. I was really happy it was still here.
After that we wandered through the parking looking at the different animals. It was a lot of fun. Most of the animals were up and moving around and some were being fed.
Once my sister and I were too tired to go on we stopped at the playground to let the kids play. Eliza found a goose that she was letting bite her fingers. I finally gave her some pretzels to feed to the goose so she would quit putting her fingers in the gooses' mouth.
We finally rounded up all the kids and headed home. We of course hit rush hour traffic. Forrest was very alarmed and kept saying we would never get home and that we would die out here before we would ever move again. Lucky for him we were able to get home. It was a fun day, but it totally wore me out. I am surprised it didn't put my sister into labor. I guess she will just have to keep waiting.
3 comments:
I love Forrest's comments on traffic. Cute pictures.
Jessica
I can sympathize with Forrest. That's how I feel everyday when I hit rush hour. I'm sure some day I will die of frustration and boredom stuck in stop and go traffic for two hours!
Great pictures. I think that kid on the far left (the picture with the gorilla) may need glasses. His head is dropped like his dad used to do at that age just before he got glasses. *sigh*
Post a Comment