Thursday, February 14, 2008

Keeping Track of Your Memories

February 14, 2007

As many of you know I love to scrapbook, unfortunately I don't always have the time to do it. These days it seems that every time I sit down to do something one of the kids wants something. My other passion in life is taking pictures. I feel bad that all my pictures are just sitting on my computer. Every once in awhile the kids will gather around the computer and we will look at pictures. In an idle world I would have all these pictures scrapped and in a book for them to look at. Since this is not going to happen anytime soon, I started to look for another way to get my memories in a format that is easily accessible to everyone and wont take the next two years to accomplish. In my endeavor to solve my scrapbooking problem I ran across a website called blurb. The website specializes in making books. The program is very easy to use and is always backing up your data so you don't have to worry about any of the DK's losing any of your work. I am currently working on a book of our Walt Disney World vacation. It has been really easy to put it together and I am about half-way done. The other feature this website offers is taking your blog and making into a book. This is something I would really like to do. I feel that my blog is a journal of sorts and I hope to pass it on to my kids when they get older. Making it into a book is a great way to get all this information into a usable format. Once I get my first book done I will have to let you all see it. I am very excited to see it and I am sure the kids will get a kick out of seeing all the pictures from their very magical vacation.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That sounds awesome! I am so behind on scrapbooking, it almost seems overwhelming. Thanks for sharing the website, it just might be my solution.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany