June 25, 2008
If only that statement were true. We seem to be on the run every day. At the first of the summer I plotted out all the really neat places I wanted to go this summer, then reality hit. With gas prices so high it wasn't practical to be driving all over the Wasatch Front going to this activity or that. I had to settle down for some close to home fun. Some of the fun things we have found to do is the Nature center animal tracks. Each Wednesday my kids get to meet a new animal. So far we have met a turtle, owl and a snake. We also take time to walk around the nature center. In all we have seen deer, frogs, toads, water snakes, snakes, all kinds of birds and turkeys. The kids are really getting a kick out of it.
On Wednesday we spend time at the movies. And on Friday we go swimming. We also fill the days with going to the library, having swim days at friends house and playing outside when it finally cools down. The weeks are just flying by. Which is what I wanted. I hate having nothing to do.
On Tuesday night Forrest was not in a good mood so I sent him to his room to settle down. After about 30 minutes I started to get a little worried. When I checked on him I found him fast asleep on his bed. Eliza is also sleeping in really late and taking little naps here and there. Maybe were are doing too much, but at least they are having fun.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment