June 18, 2008
Eliza has an opinion about her clothes. For the most part I can work around it. Some of the biggest hurdles is when I buy her new clothes. She refuses to wear anything that she did not pick out herself or that she has never worn before. As the weather has gotten warmer we have needed to switch to cooler clothes. This has been a big challenge. She still wants to wear her long pants and long sleeve shirts. Most mornings I wrestle her to the ground and put on what I want her to wear. She screams and cries until she can get the offending item off. I then repeat the whole procedure again. After a day of this she finally gives up and the item of clothing will now becomes acceptable for her to wear. Our latest challenge however is her desire to wear dresses. Every time I turn around she has taken off her clothes, gotten out some of her best Sunday clothes and dressed herself. I have taken to hiding her dresses. For a brief moment I consider getting her some sun dresses, but I know that she would limit her self to wearing the dresses. She has done this with her pj's. Once she discovered her nightgown that is all she will wear. I am really hoping she grows out of this. If she is this bad as a toddler I can't even begin to imagine what she will be like as a teenager.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment