July 19, 2007
I don't know about you, but I am drowning in hand-me down clothes. I hate to throw anything away because what if we need it in the future. Right now we have a dedicated area in our crawl space to clothes. Unfortunately the clothes are now taking over the crawl space. Last night as I was surfing the web I came across a great article to help cut down on the amount of clothes you have to store for each child. For each child you will need to determine the optimal amount of clothing they need to get through a season. For example I always buy Forrest 12 shirts. This seems to be just the right number of shirts to get us through a season. When it is time to pack Forrest summer clothes up I look at all of his clothing and pack less then my target amount. For example since Forrest always has 12 shirts I would only pack up 8. I know that I am going to buy the next child new shirts and they will also receive clothing as gifts and from relatives. This way I am only keeping the best that I have and when it is time to go shopping for the next child I know that I will always need to buy at least 4 shirts to get them started for the season. Also the next child will always be receiving some new clothes. I am really excited to try this and I am sure that my sisters will be happy to start getting some hand me downs.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This sounds like a good plan that anyone could use. I know I've got clothes in my closet that I haven't worn for years.
Post a Comment