Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Fun

July 31, 2007

It seems that summer is coming to an end. Everyone is frantically trying to squeeze a little more fun out of the summer before the kids have to go back to school. This summer has been a fun summer. At the beginning of the summer I sat down and wrote different things I would like to do before the end of summer. At first I didn't think that I would be able to do them all, but as of today we are down to the last three. One of the things I wanted to do is go up to Pineveiw Dam. We kept putting it off all summer long because everyone was so busy. It soon became apparent that if we didn't go soon the summer would be over. So today I packed up the kids and headed up there. Forrest loved it. He loves going to the beach and playing in the sand.

Eliza loved it because she was outdoors. She loves to be outside exploring. Her next favorite thing is playing in the water so it was a good combination.

One of the friends that we were trying to go to the Dam with has had a very busy summer. They have gone to family reunions, camping, backpacking into the Grand Canyon and the list goes on and on. On Saturday they told everyone they were done with summer. They were tired, their kids were tired and they still had several more big activities planned before the end of August. Hearing them talk brought to mind an enrichment activity that I went to about Christmas. The lady presenting told us one of the best things we could do at Christmas time for us and our kids is have an evenly paced Christmas. She warned of trying to pack so much fun in to Christmas that it soon becomes a chore. I really think this applies to anything we do vacations, holidays and even the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything we do with kids is a chore, the trick is making them think otherwise (and fooling ourselves at the same time.)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany