One of my friends has been talking about going to the Davis County Fair. She takes her little girl every year and they love it. I planned on going to the Fair on Thursday, but after a long hot day at Lagoon I changed my mind and went Friday instead. On Friday morning I got the kids up and ready and we headed to the fair. It was a great day. We manage to hit everything just right. When we first got to the Fair we headed over to the free pony ride. On the way there we stopped and looked at the bunnies and the chickens. We were lucky enough to have one of the workers get out one of the chickens so the kids could pet it. We then headed over to the pony ride. Soon after we arrived the masses started arriving. The line seemed to go on forever. We were able to ride the ponies on their second time around. Eliza and Forrest loved it. Eliza wouldn't let me hold on to her because she wanted to do it all by herself and Forrest was very happy that he was riding on the biggest pony there. After the pony ride we headed over to the science tent and then to the fun zone. The kids had a blast. Some of the kids favorite things to do was ride a little car through a maze of hay bales, play in the bubbles, make a track to roll marbles down on, and use a water pump to make duckies float down the river.
After these areas started to get too busy we headed over to the petting zoo. Eliza was in seventh heaven. She loves animals and was so excited that she could walk around and pet all the animals that she like. Forrest loved the baby pigs and really thought their tails were cool.
After the Fair we headed over the Wendy's for lunch with my mom, sister and her two kids. Once lunch was over we went to the movies. Amazingly enough the kids did really well. Towards the end Forrest wanted something to drink, but wouldn't leave to get a drink from the water fountain. I finally had mom go and get him a drink. As mom was coming back in she dropped the drink and had to go back and get a new one. The drink worked out really well. For the last 20 minutes of the show the two youngest of our group would wander our row of seats and come back for a sip of root beer and then go wondering again. This seemed to keep them pretty entertained until the end of the movie. Once the movie was over we loaded everyone up and managed to get home before the torrential down pour. I came home completely exhausted, but the kids seem to get their second wind. As I lay on the living room floor waiting for Greg they ran circles around me and occasional used me as a jump or launching pad. I was very happy to see Greg walk in the door. Too bad he was just as tired as I was, but luckily he makes for a better launching pad then me.
2 comments:
I had no idea that Davis County has a fair. I really need to keep up on local events.
The best thing is it was all free. We just had to pay $2 to park.
Post a Comment