Friday, August 3, 2007

I am not a baker

August 3, 2007

I am a cook. I can whip up a meal that tastes better than any meal you can get in a restaurant, but I can't bake. What I mean by this is cookies, cakes, pies are beyond my ability. I can make cookies and for the most part they turn out okay, but it seems that about every third time I make them they don't turn out. My cakes are always out of box and my frosting is always out of a can. One year while I was teaching I made some frosting for a activity my students were doing. Unfortunately the frosting did not turn out very well. I can still hear the students laughing as they looked at my pathetic attempt at making frosting. I have attempted to make a pie once and quickly decided that it was just better to let some one else do it from now on. But today I am making a cake (from a box of course) but for the frosting I am going to attempt to make it by hand. Tomorrow is my little girls birthday. She is turning 2 and I feel that I should really make an effort to make something nice. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have a sister and sister-in-law who make amazing homemade frosting that tastes good on anything including Broiled Prune Cake. So tomorrow as we are sitting around celebrating Eliza's birthday please be polite and try my cake and try to refrain from mentioning my pathetic attempts at frosting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really nice. Now I want to make you a homemade cake (I promise no prunes) with homemade frosting. I'll see when I can get it done and up to you.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany