Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Operation Binky Removal

August 28, 2007

When Eliza turned 2 years old I was going to yank the binky. As her birthday got closer and closer I began to waffle. She is very attached to her binky. When she is really upset only binky and platypus can calm her down.
She has it with her when she wakes up until she goes to bed. If binky is not with her at critical times during the day she is one unhappy camper. When we leave the house binky and platypus are not allowed to go with us. She will gently kiss both of them goodbye and lay them down where she can find them when she returns from her outing. Her morning ritual involves sprawling on the couch clutching Mr. Platypus, sucking on her binky while watching Curious George. Once George is over we have breakfast. This is when I begin a game I like to call hide the binky. Unfortunately I always lose She always manages to find a new one. I know she is hiding them throughout the house just for these occasions. I, however, continue to try. I know taking the binky away will involve at least of month of sleepless nights and horrible days. My excuses for not having taken away the binky yet is that Forrest is starting school soon and I don't want his schedule interrupted (even though he can sleep through her screaming hysterically in the same room as him), my next excuse is the holidays are coming and we have a two big trips that having a binky will be a welcome relief so of course I don't want to mess with her soothing mechanism until we are home from all of our trips. My new date for operation binky removal is January 2008, but as you have seen by my other child, you all know how good I am at getting my children to stop sucking on things.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany