Friday, September 28, 2007

Finally Some Progress

September 28, 2007

It has been three weeks since we started Early Intervention and I amazed to say we actually see a slight improvement with Eliza. Besides having a speech therapist come to your house twice a month we also go to a toddler class that is a lot like preschool, a music class and other activities. For the toddler class the kids play then have singing time then play again, do a craft then play once again and then have a snack. In this class we are always working on saying small words and using sign. For example the first week we had root beer floats. The teacher had each child say pop in order to receive some root beer. Before it even got to Eliza she was saying pop. Forrest got very excited that she had finally said a word. Our Music class is lots of fun. Eliza loves it. She did a great job of paying attention and trying to do all the actions. Some the other fun activities have been a carnival, which we received another goldfish which was promptly placed in the back pond and is amazingly still alive. We also went on a field trip yesterday to feed some ducks and visit a dairy farm. Eliza was of course in seventh heaven because she loves animals.
I think the calves were her favorite. We spent about 15 minutes here just letting her pet the calves over and over again.
Eliza insisted on petting the horse several times. She only would get scared if the horse swung his head at her.

The funny thing about the whole field trip was that I tried very hard to keep the kids from stepping in anything that was not dirt. When we got home and I checked everyones shoes and mine were the only ones with cow manure on them. I guess I should have worried a little more about myself.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like what I think is Ben Lomond in the background of the last picture. Yes/no?

Denise said...

If you mean the Mountain then yes that is Ben Lomond.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany