Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Make Her Talk Mommy.

September 5, 2007

Update: When the Speech Therapist left this morning Forrest was really excited. When I asked him why he was so excited he said because now Eliza could talk. I had to tell that it would unfortunately take a little longer.

Today on the way home from the library Forrest asked me how we can turn on a voice box so that it is a talking voice box. I tried to explain that we didn't need to turn it on. The job of the voice box was to talk or make sounds. Forrest said, "No I mean how do we turn Eliza's voice box on so that she can talk?" That is a very good question. If I knew the answer to that we would have turned it on a long time ago. Last week we took Eliza in to have her tested for Early Intervention. She meet the qualifications needed for us to be allowed into the program. We will now have a Speech Therapist come to our house twice a month to work with Eliza. Hopefully this will help turn on her voice box so Forrest can have someone else to talk to besides me.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany