The top ten things I enjoyed about the Family Reunion.
1. Seeing family that I haven't seen forever.
2. Listening to the family history stories. I am starting to get a feel for my ancestor and who they were. It is nice to hear a name and feel a sense of pride that you are related to them.
3. Going back to Cherry Hill. I have very fond memories of going to Family Reunions at Cherry Hill when I was a child. It is fun to experience it again with my kids.
4. Watching the grandkids play hide-and-go seek with Jeff's hat. They were so excited to hide it, but they could never keep quite about where they hid it. (third row, last two pictures)
5. Seeing Ben's very sad and pathetic face when he got stuck in a tree after following Forrest up. (last row, second picture)
6. Seeing my brothers happy face when trying to make Katelyn smile (Top row, last picture)
7. Laying around in the lazy river and visiting with family.
8. Listening to all the siblings talk about Grandpa Richey. (I am hoping that Dad will get a copy of that tape so we can all have one. I think it will be great to show our kids when they get older. I remember sitting around a fire listening to stories about Eliza Jane Prather from all her kids and just thinking what a fun lady she must have been. That is one of the reasons I named Eliza after her.)
9. Eating some really good meals. I am a sucker for salads and they had some pretty good ones up there. I am going to have to find out the recipes for them.
10. Knowing that we are all connected by a common thread and these are the people that I can always count on. Family is an amazing thing. They can drive you up the wall, but they will always be there for you. Going to our Family Reunions always drives home the fact that we are part of an amazing family. And I am so happy that we do things together so that we can keeps those bonds alive.
(click the picture to enlarge)
1 comment:
Great pictures! The reunion was a lot of fun
Post a Comment