Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last Day Playing in the Sun

October 26, 2008

Now some of you may be wondering why, if I don't really care for Las Vegas, why did we go down there. About 4 years ago we went down around Thanksgiving for Greg's side of the family. Shirley hates to cook and would rather travel on a holiday. While we were down there Greg and I stopped and saw the Hoover Dam. Forrest at the time was only 18 months old so we left him back at the condo so he could take a nap. Fast forward four years. The new transformers movie comes out and I causally mention that we have been to the Hoover Dam. When Forrest realizes that we left him home he makes it is life's mission to convince us to take him there. I think there was a major guilt trip going on. Greg and I stood firm but Shirley caved and got another condo down in Las Vegas so that Forrest could see the great Hoover Dam.

For our trip we saved the best for last. Our last day we drove up to Hoover Dam. We even payed to take the tour. Forrest and Greg were completely fascinated. Eliza and I not so much.

Once we got outside Forrest insisted on having his picture taken so he could prove he had been at the spot where the transformers were.

Greg on the other hand was completely fascinated with the new road they are building. The new plan is to come back in 2010 so we can drive over the newfangled bridge. I trust engineers and all, but I just might get out and let everyone else drive over and then come back and pick me up.

After Hoover Dam we headed over to Lake Mead. We had hoped that they would have some nice beaches, but the one we wanted to go to was pretty far away so we settled on this one. It wasn't all that. We spent a couple of hours playing in the water and then headed back to our condo. We of course had to go swimming one last time. After that we were all pretty beat so we holed up in our condo for dinner and went to bed early to get ready for our 7 hour drive home.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany