Sunday, November 23, 2008

This, That and the Other

November 23, 2008

Does anyone know where the month of November has gone? It seems like this month just flew bye. After this week I kept thinking we still had another week of November. Well jokes on me.

It seems that I have really been slacking in the blogging department. My goal is to blog at least 7 times a month. If you haven't noticed I have only blogged twice. Either things are really boring around here or I am not living up to my goals. To try and get my blog number up I figured I write a little update. Most of them are not blog worthy, but oh well.

This past weekend we were able to ship the kids off to the grandparents house and enjoy an evening out. We were able to see the Bells on Temple Square. I just love listening to the bells and really enjoyed the concert. It was so good that the really uncomfortable seats didn't even bug me. The concert really got me into the Christmas spirit. So, of course on Saturday I had to pull out my Sissel CD and spend the day wrapping presents while I listened. Forrest was not impressed and kept telling me that it is not even Thanksgiving yet.

In regards to the fish oil, the kids have both been on it for about two months. We have noticed improvements in both kids. Eliza, on her own without us trying to get her to say it, now says pin for pink, bub bub for bubbles, Ma, Da, ball, bear and right there. Both of her speech therapists are encouraged by her improvement. Some may wonder if it was finally just time for her to talk. I don't really know, but this is the most improvement she has ever made so we are keeping our fingers crossed. As you might not know we also have Forrest on the fish oil. We have noticed increased memory, easier time getting his thoughts out and greater focus in class. One weekend we forgot to give them their fish oils and the regression was pretty startling in Forrest. He became very frustrated with homework and had a very hard time remembering things. I also noticed an almost stuttering type structure to his speech. Once we got him back on track all of those symptoms disappeared. For now we are going to keep the kids on the Fish Oil. In the future what we do will be anyone's guess.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's great that the kids are doing so well on the fish oil.
I agree with you about November going by way to fast! So crazy!!!

Ned and Melanie said...

I had no idea that Fish Oil was used for that. Very good. Sounds like life is about the way it should be this time of year - busy.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany